Friday, August 21, 2009

Not Enough Coffee in Guatemala

Sam got up particularly early this morning. Unfortunately for me, it coincided with a bout of insomnia from 2-4am. Also unfortunate, it was my turn to get up with the little monkey. Sometimes, I analyze the reasons he gets up so early, in hopes that tweaking some small thing will make a difference. It rarely does, but it makes me feel better to obsess for a while on a solution. Lately my focus has been the bed, which is on coasters and moves around a little bit, and the mattress, which is not the most comfortable (Hard and squeaks when you move). I know because it used to be our bed. It's a big investment for a theory, and I haven't totally convinced M it is necessary right this second. Edited to add...someone forgot to take Sam's ipod from him last night, so he was watching a movie when he got up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 today. Good to let him watch for a few minutes in bed, bad to forget to make sure to go get it when he falls asleep.

Sam is in good spirits now, but I'm already anxious about how the van will go today. Today is the last day of the summer program and then the kids have a week off before school starts. Being around the house with both kids all day can be challenging, so we are going to the farmhouse in VT next week. Looking forward to the nice long stretch there.

No comments:

Post a Comment