Sunday, November 15, 2009

Activities

I need to figure out how to get Sam involved in at least one activity outside of school. Swimming is the obvious choice, but I don't currently have a lesson option. The old lessons at the JCC-now YMCA were great, but they switched the lesson times to weekends. We go away a bunch on the weekends, so that seemed like a bad idea. Now I am re-thinking that decision. Also, I paid for a membership at another YMCA, thinking Sam could go on Sundays when L comes to do respite. They tried it a couple of times, but the weekend staff (young lifeguards weren't super understanding of Sam's need to get in and out of the pool frequently and run around. M went and talked to them, and I think weekends may not be the best time. Maybe when I am unemployed after this week I can try taking him. I wonder if I can go without getting in the water myself? Next week we will be in CA, so he will get to swim a bunch. L said she would try again to take him when we get back. My other idea was to take him during Max's swimming lesswon, especially if I could get someone else (Grandma?) to come with me.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment