Monday, November 2, 2009

The case of the unfortunate early riser

Sam has been great. Much easier than The Little Person, actually. With one, large, exception. He awakens in the night to pee, and then gets up for th day in the 4am hour. Which has left us a little, delirious. So we cut out napping at school. We let him go to bed later, made him go to bed earlier. Not let him drink anything before bedtime, tired him out and just plain told him to be quiet and stay in his room. None of it works, it's getting worse, or more consistent, and we are at a loss. Have I mentioned that we are tired? Other than that, he's been great. Handed candy out with my mom on Halloween, even went to one, neighbors house, to trick or treat. So, my posts have been light because I can't think very well. Otherwise, can't complain. Had a good conference with his first grade teacher. Even volunteered to come talk to the kids about Sam. Mrs. C thought that would be a great idea. We'll see...

Had some friends/neighbors/family (mine and neighbors) over for pizza before trick or treating on Halloween. It went well, except for I think I freaked out a little and may have been a little un-hostess-like. M went to pick up the pizza, and folks started comming over. Sam was being Sam, that is, running around, pulling his pants down on the way to the bathroom, feeling that every computer in the house is his whenever he wants to use it, and I felt a little uncomfortable. Stressed out? People in my house (kind, lovely people) who didn't know mw, or Sam, judging us (in my head). Anyway, I'm used to him with certain people, but there were a lot of people (18 including the 6 kids), and M was gone and Sam was doing things and I think I snapped a little. Out of my own feelings of awkwardness? Unsure of what people were thhinkng, and unable to control the situation to my satisfaction. So, I feel badly that I didn't hold it together very well for a time. I recovered, and we had a great time trick or treating. In the end, it was the best Halloween ever, since kids, and I'm sure nobody has thought of it but me, because they are all nice, lovely people. But, there we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment