Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go...

Sam did a fantastic amount of work today. Three sessions of typing twelve words. After the second one, he took a break to swing, and I was chatting in the kitchen with Grammy. Apparently, I had neglected to put away the snack box, because Grammy saw Sammy snacking from the box! He definitely made a dent in the supply, which I will have to re-stock for his teacher (she lent us her box over the vacation), but he was more than willing to do another set of work after a SLIGHT reprimand. Silly Mommy-smart kid!

Yesterday was a fantastic eating day. Lunch at Simon Pearce (Butternut Squash Bisque with mixed greens and a Sparkling Pomegranate cocktail, and The Woodstock Inn for dinner with M (thanks Grammy for the date night!). Plus, I kicked ASS in Rummy Kube. I think I won four games in a row. I found a great basket for firewood at Simon Pearce made of reclaimed wood and my MIL found an extra large wooden bowl (think long rather than circle-round) for us here at the farmhouse. It's going to look great on our kitchen table. Sam has been tucking Puppy in under the covers on me and asking me to hold Puppy while he swings. It's really very sweet, even if the little bugger is a little stinky. Waiting for Babysitter Extraordinaire to arrive. Kids seem like they need to go outside or maybe leave the property today. M and I will probably switch off our various types of skiing, and there will likely be more sledding and/or snowmobiling.

The only negative is that Sam continues to wake at ungodly hours despite our best efforts to avoid naps and early bedtimes (ie: Sam passing out on the couch before 7PM). It makes the one who gets up with him grumpy or non-functional without a nap or LOTS of coffee. He GOES to sleep easily, and mostly stays asleep, so it's mainly the early hour that is killing us. Sammy Noodles is requesting the computer, so I guess it's time to start the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment