Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Before I Go Gently Into That Goodnight

Actually, he thing I'm proudest or most amazed about, is that I am up at 10PM. the first night I fell asleep by 8, and the last two nights I may have made it until 9 or 9:30. Tonight I even watched T.V. Of course, all the shows I like are on the same night at the same times. So we switch back and forth between American Idol, Biggest Loser and Glee. Lost, we will just watch another time.

The big news here is, well there isn't a whole lot. Sam made it to 7:30 tonight without falling asleep and needing to be carried to bed or napping in the afternoon (or morning, the first day). (Sam's) Puppy got left up at the top of the Palm Springs Aerial Tram and had to be ferried down. I made lemonade from real lemons. Today we went to Joshua Tree and the kids had a great time climbing around on the rocks. The Little Person is very busy finding things to spray with his "water squirter." Mostly ants, I'm afraid. Poor things.

It is fairly windy here right now, but still not cold, which seems weird to me. It actually feels great outside, aside from the sound. M and I are fairly well rested, since my parents have gotten up with the kids for the last 3 days. We are midway through the trip and there are still so many things to do. Part of me wants to do all the fun activities, and the other just wants to hole away and read my books and magazines. It's like at night, when I want to stay up and play games and be social, but the idea of hanging out by myself and reading sounds more appealing. I'm torn, but not really.

Sam is doing okay. He's definitely having fun, but being out of his routine is definitely affecting him. Less choosing to communicate with the three thousand technological devices we brought, and more whining and crying or just getting in to stuff. Like the soap dispenser at the kitchen sink. Now we have no more. He even tried to wash the lemons he picked from the yard with dish soap.

The Little Person got stung by a bee yesterday. Fortunately he is not allergic. The Ranger at
J-Tree today gave the kids some junior ranger booklets and The Little Person took his with him when we climbed around, and tried to identify all the animals form the booklet. Pretty damn cute. Pop and I took him for a walk before bed and the kid asked questions THE WHOLE TIME. Bless his heart, my Dad's only comment was, "He asks a lot of good questions!" Yes, and we know who he inherited that bit of curiosity from!

Swimming at the big pool was a little overwhelming, so we have ben sticking to the water feature in the backyard and activities within an hour or so from the house, since the kids are good in the car. It's kind of tiring, but kind of fun to try some new things. We found a dinosaur museum, so we may check that out. Also, M and I saw one of the bigger spiders I have ever seen on a walk one night. It wasn't just big, but thick, if you know what I mean. And the lizards we saw at the bottom of the tram were small but had kind of thick slick middles that made them resemble rats. Lizard rats. Between that and the rattlesnakes we didn't do too much exploring when we hit the bottom.
I think I'm starting to feel restored. Maybe I'l be able to stay up late enough for a date night before we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment