Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar

This is just a short post to say Sam's Speech Therapy appointment at Children's went great (apart from the fact that I didn't have to go. Gotta love that husband). Apparently he did a ton of work, and when he started to lose it and requested an edible, Mrs. H told him that he needed to do work first. So apparently, he looked at the Speech Therapist, and nudged her, like "Let's get this show on the road, lady!"

Uber (does that mean "Super?") tired today. Twas my day to sleep, but M had a physical (his first real physical since I've known him) at 6:15AM. With fasting lab work. However, considering his Dad had a fatal heart attack almost two years ago, and was in good health/shape, this is a good thing. They even gave him an EEG. turns out, his heart didn't concern the doctor nearly as much as his cholesterol! Since he already eats well, it may require medication. He needs to go back in six weeks for a re-test. The Little Person and I went to lunch at Friendly's. My stomach was not thrilled with the chicken strips basket and fries I ate. But, I thought it better than just going for the Reece's Pieces Sundae. Alas while M was taking Sam and Mrs. H to speech I was watering the plants at my parents house. The downstairs watering went well (minor spillage), but the upstairs was fraught with problems. Apparently I watered a little more than was necessary, and it took A LONG TIME for it to stop dripping out of the dish. So, by the time I walked home and had breakfast, it was almost time to get The Little Person. The cleaning people were working their magic, so we couldn't go home. I voted for Be Good followed by J.P. Licks, but I was overruled by a small hot dog lover.

Later on, I did have an awesome power nap, followed by some power multi-tasking. I sent out the invites (okay, evites) for Sam's birthday party, and got through the majority of things on my list before we leave Saturday (so early it's almost like leaving Friday) for California. Of course, my new potential bathing suits with the board shorts have not arrived, and it's too late to schedule a waxing.

Also, my evening was made better by the case of wine that Luke sent from Oregon. I contacted him as soon as I heard you could now ship alcohol to Massachusetts. It's as good as I remember. I think M may have put the kids to bed while I was writing this, which means I can now go in the living room and say innocently, "Where are the kids?"

No comments:

Post a Comment