Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good News and Bad News...

The good news is that apparently Sam's school picture came out great. The bad news is that he will not be in his class picture. Sigh...I guess he started exhibiting some "behavior" and they decided to skip it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I understand him having a hard time and his teachers having to make executive decisions, but last year they planned for it and he did really well, and it makes me really sad that he's not in the class picture. It plays into how well his new teachers are able to work with him and manage his behavior. He's had a resurgence of challenging behavior at school, and it's hard top watch him go through it again, and to hear about it in his notebook, and at our meetings, and in phone calls (the "exposing himself" incident).

On the other hand, I have the best friends and the greatest family. I am doing this Walk for Autism, and I put out a plea for some donations. I am totally overwhelmed with people's generosity. People, so far have donated almost twice the amount I committed to raising. As I told my friend and fellow member of team tiny, when it doesn't suck I remember what a good life I have, and when it sucks I remember what amazing friends and family I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment