Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Farm, The Walk, The Birthday, The Moms

Last time on Sammy Noodles...

Okay, so Tangerini Spring Street Farm was awesome. Besides the name. We even met Mr. and Mrs. Tangerini, the farmers. We picked greens, fed goats, played in the sandbox, hid in the hay maze and had ice cream. We also made some new friends, besides the barn cat. It was a beautiful setting, and a great way to wile away a Thursday afternoon. They even have farm shares just for flowers! I may have to get me one of those.

The NECC (New England Center for Children) 5K Walk/Run was Saturday morning. We split up the family, so M could take The Little Person to his soccer game with Grammy, and Babysitter Extraordinaire and I (she even drives my car!) could take Sam to the walk. Small flaw in the plan. The Weather From Hell. The Little Person arrived at his game, got on the field, the thunder started, and his coach promptly got them off and the game was cancelled. At first he was the only person who moved and responded to the thunder and lightening (M said everyone else kinda stood there and continued playing for a few minutes).

Sam and I picked up Babysitter Extraordinaire, she got in the driver's seat, and we drove to the venue. After we got there, we spent some time milling around in a building filled with other participants, none from our team, chasing Sam. Then we found the team, took a team picture, and they cancelled the walk. So we tried to register/get our bags of stuff, but the waiting was hard. Someone from Sam's school said they would collect everyone's bags, so we took off! We stopped at Dunkin Donuts to get Sam a chocolate glazed donut and put on a movie for him (god bless the DVD player in the headrests I got for my birthday). Then we dropped off BE, and Sam and I drove home to prepare for the party. After being up since 4 and driving around for 3 hours, I was pretty tired, so I barked out some crabby comments and then my family was happy for me to take a nap.

The party was GREAT! We waited till 4PM to make the call on the bouncy house because the weather was so iffy. We decided to go for it, and it was well worth it, even though we did have to unplug it a couple of times when the rain started. It turned out to be a really good mix of people, and I'm pretty sure everyone made some new friends. The food turned out well (thank you, Bob), and the Spiderman cake was AWESOME! No fighting or crying from the kids, and every adult seemed engaged in conversation with somebody else. We realized that this was our first real party since living here, and I think I would do it again. Sam loved blowing out his candles, and even got some alone time in the bouncy house. The only problem was that there was no official present opening, and the presents got opened and played with throughout the night, so we have no idea what was from who!

The next day, Mom, MIL and got massages and went for a nice lunch. I think everyone had a nice day. The MIL said it was the best massage she's ever had! The Mom wanted to stay all day and get more treatments! But we moved on to the lunch spot, found a great spot to have coffee, and then wandered next door for lunch. I had a lobster risotto which I ate every bite of. It was not heavy like I expected, and had wonderful peas in it. The pomegranate mimosa may have helped...We did a little shopping/wandering around and then took the long way home. I arrived to a beautiful pot of hydrangeas from my family. I was inspired by the 5 huge sweet potatoes we had, so I volunteered to make sweet potato enchiladas for dinner. A few games of Rummy Kube later and we called it a night. All's well that ends well.

Oh, a P.S. The boys made me really great presents for Mother's Day. It was really special to unwrap their gifts and read there homemade cards. I think it was my best Mother's Day ever!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ami! We did indeed have a great time at the party. Thanks so much for inviting us. FYI: the kite is from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, the kite was a huge hit, thanks. We need to plan our night out!

    ReplyDelete