Friday, May 14, 2010

The Newest Member of Our Family

The Cecils have been busy watching frog TV. Max the frog is the newest member of our family. He has his own tank, picked out by The Little Person, along with a live plant, blue rocks, and a Spongebob figurine. The bet in our house is how long we can go before we have to buy a new frog...The kids are very happy to sit and watch Max, and it's killing them not to feed him constantly and tap on the glass. So right now he is on the kitchen table so they can be supervised and M and I can frog-sit.

Sam had a great day at school today. He even got up in the 5 o'clock hour, for a change. He is doing a little of the crazy laugh, otherwise known as inappropriate laughing. I know it sounds like a small thing, but he keeps coming over and hysterically laughing at Max the frog, very loud, in my ear, and it's driving me a little nuts. I can hear him laughing in the basement right now...

It's nice to have a weekend at home, and we are not going anywhere, but it's also a weekend largely without childcare. Fortunately, Babysitter Extraordinaire is coming to save us on Sunday night. Also, I am feeling TONS better, and a lot less exhausted since I started taking my medicine at night. Now I can stop Googling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I even managed to call a contractor to set up a meet and greet for our potential house renovation. Looking for a low-key, if not relaxing weekend of house/yard chores, and frog TV (and a little yoga...). We finally planted our vegetable garden, and it makes me happy to look at our little seedlings. Still working on security measures so that little creatures don't enjoy our strawberries before we do!

Next week, we meet with Sam's team to discuss the school purchasing an iPad for him. I am also exploring after school activities for him. I would like to find a good swimming situation for him again, and I have a wild idea about finding him a music teacher. On my longer term list is calling back the Dr. at the sleep clinic, but since I can't wrap my head around him having a sleep study, I have been procrastinating.

I have been too tired and as a result overwhelmed to even think about most of the things on my to do list, but now that I'm BACk, maybe I'll be able to take care of a few things. I am feeling guilty about not having done computer work with Sam after school in a while. Also, i need to find him a developmental pediatrician, and consider an eye exam. And did I mention he will need a spacer in his mouth since one of the teeth he got pulled won't come in for several years?

The Cecil Diet is going swimmingly. I haven't lost much weight, but I feel less squishy, if that makes any sense. I may have to cut out my current daily cheat-the chai tea latte one-cuppers that M bought me by accident instead of plain chai tea, and now I love first thing in the morning...

Working on a couple of mini-vacations, which give me something to daydream about at the crack of dawn, when I am up with Sam. I feel so lucky to be in a place with the kids and our life that I can even consider that. Reminds me of how far we've come and how many people we have to thank.


No comments:

Post a Comment