Thursday, May 27, 2010

School Lunch

Preparing school aged children's lunches has got to b one of the most thankless jobs on the planet. Aside from the fact that kids have less developed taste buds; kids are notoriously picky. What they like one week or one day for that matter, they probably won't like at another point. There's the fact that most lunches cannot be heated or refrigerated, and the waste from what is not eaten. Plus, what about they buy at school to eat? Then there are the allergies both for your child and the children they interact with. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes what my kids eat for lunch doesn't lend itself to being packed up for school.

This summer I will need to pack two lunches every day that my children may or may not eat. That their teachers or grownups in charge will see and tell me whether they ate or not. They say they don't judge but, I know they are wondering why I send the soup when clearly child number one or two won't eat it.

These are the things I think about. Believe it....or not.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment