Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day One

I have exactly 15 minutes to write this post before the kids go to bed, and as I am alone, you can bet your ass they are going to bed on time tonight. M is still en route to AK for a week of business and hopefully skiing. He left at 6 this morning, so I've pretty much been alone all day, except...Gram and Pop are back! Gram came over around noonish and took The Little Person until after Sam got home, so I had a few hours to relax. I didn't get anything done, but I did catch up on Real Housewives of New York, a guilty pleasure for sure.

Back at the ranch, things are going well. Had a little tune-up from The Therapist, to remind myself that I'm not insane and things really are okay. Actually, after we talked about my worries for a bit, I spent most of the time updating her on all the great things the kids have been doing. Plus, she told me about a new restaurant in Somerville, MA. I was telling her about my great experience with M at Solea, in Waltham. Love the tapas.

Took Sam to his first dentist appointment. It was just a first step in what they call "Familiarization" visits, so we'll continue them once a week for a while to get him used to the office, the dentist and all that they do there. Unfortunately, in the less than 3 seconds Sam let her look in his mouth, she things she spotted a cavity, in a place which may mean there are more (between his teeth, and big enough to see at a glance). I think for that, we will take him to a children's hospital (Franciscan), where they will put him under and they will fill the cavity(s), take x-rays, and do whatever else they need to do while he's out. I know it sounds harsh, but considering the time and trauma of getting him to the point of being able to do it easily in her office, it seems like the best choice. Hopefully, they can put some sealant on his teeth while he's there to prevent future cavities. I feel awful that I let this happen, but even though he is willing to brush, he mainly goes across the front, and anything else is a battle (one which I tackle, but obviously not well enough).

Speech at Children's for Sam continues to be postponed, this time until next week. And even then, it's not totally consistent. To be honest, I am not thrilled with the whole process there. After having had the appointment postponed twice, once after we had confirmed the appointment the day before and actually physically shown up for the appointment.

I have already broken my word twice now. Originally, I said I had 15 minutes to write this post, anf that was at 7:15PM. Now it's 9:54PM, and I said I would get into bed at 9 and try to be asleep by 9:30. At least I got into bed around 9:40 and i am no longer watching TV. Problem is, I'm not Sleepy Tired, and I don't feel like reading. Cruising the internet it is. Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment