Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Um, I am very tired

But you will not have very much sympathy for me, as part of the reason is that we got home late from taking The Little Person to see The Lion King. Sam spent the night with my parents, and enjoyed his night as an only child, complete with dinner out at a restaurant. We took The Little Person to dinner in Boston's Chinatown before the show. We were all dressed in our fancy duds and on our best behavior. He LOVED the show, was totally mesmerized with eyes like big saucers as the animals came down the aisles. Oh, and we had fourth row seats thanks to Gram, so we had a great view. Plus, they gave him a booster seat, which helped a lot. Who knew, a booster seat at the theater! I could have used one of those on more than one occasion. But, I'm guessing they don't give them out for the vertically challenged. Anyways, The Little Person was awesome. Which was good, because he was beyond a pain in the ass all day leading up to our departure. At the show, he was his best self, happy and engaged and super cute. Even when he fell asleep at the end, across the chair and on M, we smiled across at each other over the little person we created, having a perfect night at his first show.

So, we got home at about eleven, dumped The Little Person in bed, said good-bye to Gram, and passed out. Until Sam got up at....actually, you don't want to know. Trust me. I helped him get leftover pizza out for breakfast, started a video, and periodically told him to be quiet. The next thing I know, M had let The Little Person out of his room because he was yelling, and I didn't hear it (gotta love those earplugs). I parented and got Sam ready for school (The Little Person doesn't have school today), and now we are chillaxing before a playdate with a friend of mine from high school and her son. Fortunately, that is the only thing on the agenda today as far as scheduled events.

No comments:

Post a Comment