Friday, March 19, 2010

In My Pajamas Before 7PM

I feel like I should preface this post, and all of my interactions today with the following caveat,

"I got up before 5AM; my parents house and another property they own is flooded and they are on vacation; my lower back is killing me; I have not had a good kid break in a couple of days; we can't go to Vermont this weekend because of the aforementioned flooding; I had to cancel my much needed haircut because of same flooding; and my husband is going to Alaska on Wednesday for a week and a day and I will be GASP, a single parent of two lunatic children."

In addition, my ENTIRE family's birthdays are in March (including M), and I have yet to purchase one of the seven plus cards and gifts I will need by the end of this month. However, I did find the PERFECT gift for friend K in Oregon, Been Doon So Long, by the owner of the Bonny Doon Vineyard in Santa Cruz, California. I had it sent to me so I could preview it. K is a wine and food connoisseur (yes, I had to look up the spelling), and I think he will be quite surprised since he is not a friend I usually buy gifts for (his wife is a BFF of mine). But I like to get the perfect gift for someone when I find it, even if my purchasing habits may be inconsistent.

So, I have had, as Babysitter Extraordinaire (BE) put it, A No Good, Very Bad, Horrible week. Two autistic kid events that didn't work out, either well, or at all, no exercise (until today), I had very little chance to do computer work with Sam, and the rest of the shit you already know about. Plus, childcare is somewhat limited because we thought we would be away. But, the upside is, GARDENING! YOGA! SUNSHINE! M even took the lawn furniture out today, which I am sure will result in subsequent snow and cold.

As my therapy this week, I have chosen retail, specifically Amazon. Those folks are, as The Little Person remarks,

"(That's) Genius!"

They have my credit card info (actually Debit, we don't use credit cards anymore), and all it takes is One Click. I think of something I need/want and CLICK! It's mine. So, the packages have been arriving. Four new cookbooks, plastic strap-on skis for the kids, autism books, and more autism books.

It is the kind of week where Things and Television make me happy, in addition to magazines. Did I mention my new subscriptions? Also, sweaty yoga tomorrow, and hot tubbing with Lovely Neighbor. Along with resulting tasks at Flood Central. I'm thinking pancakes and bacon for breakfast. What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment