Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Home Stretch

Ok, a little more than 48 hours left to go in single parenthood. Unfortunately, the last part is going to take the most energy. Today is easy (so far), but tomorrow The Little Person has no school and Sam has a dentist (another familiarization visit). Then, Thursday, M gets in at 9:30AM. Sam has a speech therapy appointment at Children's at 11AM. I will need to go pick him up at school and drive the almost 40 minutes. Fortunately, Sam's teacher, Mrs. H will be with me. Since it hasn't worked out the last two times we've tried to go, I am a little anxious. Hopefully the Speech Therapist will be on the premises. Then M will be home, which is great, but he will be jet lagged, and I will be outwardly sympathetic and inwardly crabby. We will try to recover by Friday when we are having an overnight in Boston ALL ALONE! I hope I can do more than just sleep on our time away.

Last night was Passover at my parent's house. The dinner was great and the company couldn't be better (grandparents and lovely neighbors), but The Little Person was being, shall we say, challenging? And I feel like all I did was yell, and look for Sam. This morning I snuggled with both boys in my bed, and then I took The Little person to school in my pajamas (the glories of the Drive-By-Drop-off). Now I am making breakfast (matzoh brie) for my Mom who is blessedly not making me come over to help put things away from last night. Pajama party!

No comments:

Post a Comment