Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Recovery

I seem to be exhausted from doing nothing while M was gone. I mean I obviously took care of the kids, but I didn't get a whole lot done. Especially out of the house. Much organizing and laundry happened inside the house. I feel like I'm always recovering from something. A trip, a funeral, a weekend of singles parenting while someone else takes a trip to a funeral. I'm not complaining (except for the PMS, because that was really inconvenient), I'm just noticing a pattern. And I'm tired. Not take a nap tired (though I should be doing that instead of typing this), or I didn't get a good night sleep tired, but it's going to take me till next weekend to get back on track tired. The kids were great, and I had enough of a break each day that I didn't want to kill them. I'm actually proud of us as a family. This was a lot easier than it was even 6 months ago.

Also, while I'm lucky enough to work out with someone who kicks my ass twice a week, ass kicking is tiring sometimes. Sometimes it energizes me, but often it makes me tired. I'm sensing a theme here. Just thinking about the week makes me tired. Four doctor's appointments for the kids, an autism class for dentists in Boston with my Dad, a home visit with Sam's teacher, and swimming lessons for both kids.

And there's the wind and rain. It's raining in a way that is reminiscent of our time in Alaska. Except today is the first day of rain, whereas in Juneau it would've been day twenty. It's also over 40 degrees. Which is just gross. Give me snow or give me sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment