Sunday, January 24, 2010

Only Child

The Little Person went for a sleepover at The Babysitter Extraodinaire's house last night, so it is just me and Sam. She came over yesterday afternoon and I went over to my parents' house to read and take a nap. I even went in the hot tub briefly before I left, which helped my back a lot. After some adult company from Lovely Neighbor and kids, Sam and I watched Meet The Parents. He fell asleep on me at 7pm, but then revolted when I tried to put him to bed and squeaked for about an hour. Not sure what I watched after that, but I know that I did not go to bed particularly early. Took a while to feel sleepy tired. Sam got up at the usual 4am, and after a potty break was somewhat content to stay in his room till 5:45 (earplugs helped). Then I somehow managed to stay in bed half-asleep till almost 8!

I have folded and put away laundry, put in another load, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and made all the beds, including my own and played mag neatos with Sam, a magnetic construction set. M is coming home today, and should be back by dinner, which we shall be ordering from our favorite local Indian restaurant. Grandparents are back tonight also, so I shall have afternoon childcare for The Little Person all week! Sam seems content to just have me nearby right now, so I am blogging from the couch in the basement,. Kinda sweet that he just wants company. The Little Person is still at said sleepover, probably ready to move in. Sam has L coming for respite in a few hours and I'll either do something alone with Max, or maybe workout if I'm by myself. Who am I kidding. If I'm by myself I'll just go back to my parents for R&R. Single parenting has been fine, if a little tiring. Looking forward to having my partner in crime back, though, and The Little Person, for that matter. My little Sammy needs a little love and a little tickle, so I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment