Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dawn of Day Three

So, the boys and I have been alone now for going on three days. This is my 3rd day of being awakened at 4am, though I do everything in my power to keep Sam in his room, and stay in bed as long as possible This morning he kept reasonably quiet till 5:15. The Little Person got up at 7:15, so I parented from my bed for 2 hours, allowing for a couple of trips to the kitchen to pour juice or open a package of crackers. And Sam came and snuggled with me, but it was more like sleeping with someone who has restless leg syndrome. The kid could not stay still for 2 seconds.

Things have been going pretty well, so far. I am tired, but the kids have been pretty good, aside from some Arsenic Hour crankiness before dinner.I canceled Sam's home visit, and haven't done anything other than what is absolutely necessary. My lovely, sleep deprived neighbor comes over to give me adult contact. No school today, being Saturday. Right now we are watching cartoons. No big plans except for maybe a bagel run. Hopefully Babysitter Extraordinaire will come over and help me this afternoon, and maybe take The Little Person to her house for a sleepover. Not sure if he'll be into it, since when I told him about it he asked if I would be there too. Sam has respite with L tomorrow, so I may have a few hours today and tomorrow with one child. M will be back tomorrow night and so will The Grandparents. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment