Sunday, January 31, 2010

Drinking tub water equals barfing in the sink

So last night I gave Sam a tub, and then when Max came back from the Grandparents he jumped in too. It was necessary because Sam literally smelled, and Babysitter Extraordinaire was coming over. Sam had already eaten dinner, and both kids got washed, with soap and shampoo. Sam was sticking tub toys in his mouth, despite my repeated protests, and god knows what nastiness grows in those things. And the soapy tub water with bubbles. So we get out of the tub and everyone has pajamas on and M is getting ready to go out and we are in the kitchen and Sam starts to gag. At first I thought he just got too close to a food he didn't like, because it is not abnormal for him to gag at the sight/smell of our food. Then he seemed like a dog does when it is getting ready to throw-up so I pushed him to the kitchen sink where he threw up a bunch of spaghetti. It mostly went in the sink, which was great, but I don't know if I've mentioned that I don't do vomit, and so I was gagging at the small amount on the floor mat by the sink and the larger amount in the kitchen sink. Fortunately, M saved me and did the clean-up. Sam went and sat wanly on the couch not moving for a few minutes, so I gave him some water and put on a SpongeBob episode (god bless On Demand). Then the doorbell rang and he perked up and ran to greet Babysitter Extraordinaire. By the time we left, he seemed fine, and we made the tub water-vomit connection, so we were pretty sure he wasn't really sick.

So we went out to pick-up the the rug/runner for the hallway, and hit the Apple Store before dinner. We checked out the MacBook for Sam, and I'm pretty sure we are going to get him that as opposed to the iPad. It has a camera and speakers, and can run the software we want to purchase for him. So I think he'll be doing work on the Macbook and using the iPod at home, the only question is whether they want him to use that combo at school. I also got Sam handicap accessible seats for Disney on Ice, so we can sit on the isle in the back row of the loge, but still be in a good viewing spot. That way we can take breaks or make a getaway if we have to, but we won't sacrifice his enjoyment. Not sure who is going yet besides me and Sam, but I got a third ticket.

Sam and L are out going to the movies (The Tooth Fairy, I think) and The Little Person is doing some Sword Play on the Wii. We may go check out more games for the kids before I take The Little Person to a birthday party at Pump It Up. Indian takeout for dinner with whomever is home at the neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment