Monday, January 11, 2010

It's hanging off my tush!

I got up this morning with Sam, and though it was early, he let me lie down on the couch for the most part from 5-7am, with breaks for cuddles, getting drinks and opening a bag of pretzels. Then, right before 7, The Little Person woke up. I took off his pull-up and started the routine of making Sam's lunch, writing in his notebook (a tool we use to communicate back and forth with his teachers), getting him dressed for school, and cleaning up the kitchen. Around 7:30-7:45, M woke up and started helping me. The little person started yelling about something from the basement, and when we went down there to check, it STANK. Turns out someone had not made it to the potty, and had pajamas with no underwear on. Not a good time to be going commando. As M rushed him into the bathroom for clean-up, he said, "It's hanging off my tush!"

M had a good monthly clinic (meeting) with Sam's teachers today. He has apparently been getting a lot of work done at school, with few (problematic) behaviors, which is good. His teacher emailed me to let me know that his Dynavox (voice output/assisted [assisted/assistive?] technology device to help him communicate), will be available to borrow (we are trying it out first since they are several thousand dollars) by the end of the month, and the software they ordered for him (recommended by a speech therapist who specializes in autism and assisted technology) was in. Bueno.


No comments:

Post a Comment