Friday, January 15, 2010

Cuddlebunny, or Mr. Snuggles

So Sam and I have a routine on the days I get up with him (M and I switch off). I set up my bed on the couch, and he comes and snuggles with me for a bit. Only today, after I let him out of his room (we lock him in at night to keep him from wandering the house), and got my slippers on, I found him waiting for me, laying on the couch with Puppy (stuffed animal companion)! Very cute. Made me remember how he was not terribly snuggly as a baby/toddler. Nice change. Then I started wondering what caused his autism. My breast milk? The goat milk we gave him instead of cow's milk when I weaned him? Or was he born this way? I don't think I will ever know.

Yesterday went very well, but I was EXHAUSTED. We picked up a cousin from the airport; watched another cousins three year old twins so mom and dad could go to dad's mom's funeral; I went to the funeral while M watched the twins and The Little Person, along with our wonderful neighbor, The Diva's Mother (her daughter is The Little Person's best friend); and The Little Person and I went to the house to pay our condolences. Then I came home and laid on the couch until The Best Babysitter in the World came. Then we went out to dinner and window shopping and drinks. Totally forgot to pick up my medicine at CVS (which we had tried to pick up on the way to dinner but they couldn't find it/had forgotten to do it), and so M went back out to get it for me. Probably because they were my happy drugs, and when Momma's happy, everyone is happy. Right?

Dealt with my phone call regarding Sam, and all is well, or at least we are on to the next step. Leaving town for the weekend and if we forget to do a favor for Mom and Dad before we go then HEADS WILL ROLL. Not really, but since they live a couple of streets over there's really no excuse.

Good to be around for family yesterday, that is a major benefit to moving back from Alaska. Been along time since we were geographically in a position to help, or in a good enough place with the kids and our lives to have the time and energy to be present and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment